Brushless Tiny Whoop Builds!?
I recently started flying my Tiny Whoops more often and even turned my garage into a whoop-track with all kinds of awesome obstacles. I’ve been tuning and getting a lot of practice but still feel that the brushed motors are underpowered. Don’t get me wrong I love my Tiny Whoop build and Ludacris motors but it still feels like a toy and doesn’t handle like a real quad does on the track. If you think your Tiny Whoop is lacking the power it needs to feel like a real racing drone then you’ll want to keep up with this post.
In this post, I’ll be showing you how to build a complete brushless tiny whoop from start to finish. I took some time to really search for what I believe to be the best parts and believe me it wasn’t easy. With that being said, I’d like to add that there are probably other parts out there by now because let’s face it drone technology advances faster than a cheetah on crack. So with that said, here is the list of the parts that I went with:
- Lumenier Micro Dipole 5.8GHz Antenna (U.FL) $7.99 (GetFPV)
- TBS Tiny Camera $17.95 (GetFPV)
- Lumenier tinyFISH Power Stack F3 16x16mm Flight Controller + 4A 4-in-1 ESC + FrSky Rx $39.99 (Getfpv)
- BETAFPV 0603 16000KV Brushless Motors for 1S Brushless Multirotor Beta65 Pro or BWhoop B06 etc $46.99 (Amazon)
- TBS Unify Nano 5.8 $29.99 (Amazon)
- 2pcs Beta65 Pro Micro Brushless Whoop Frame $8.99 (Amazon)
- BETAFPV 4 Sets 31mm 3-blade Props 1mm Shaft Blue Tool for 0603 Motor $8.99
- BETAFPV 5pcs Tiny Whoop Plastic Canopy Blue and Transpartent for FPV Tiny Whoop Frame $7.99 (Amazon)
I just got the first few parts in the mail and man I am EXCITED to start building soon. As I get more parts I’ll start to add more pictures and finally when I’m ready to build I’ll record in HD. 🙂 Please be sure to follow us on social media to keep up!
Ok so all the parts are in and I’m excited! I can’t believe how tiny everything is, this nano cam and unify combo is awesome. Check out the images below to see just how tiny these components are.
I found out that the RX that’s built into the Tinyfish stack only works with d8 mode on the Taranis when you try to bind. Good to know…